The Oakland University Writing Center is pleased to announce that it is now offering its services to Macomb County OU students at the Anton/Frankel Center in Mount Clemens.
Please note that all OU students are required to visit the front desk at the Anton/Frankel Center to receive a temporary parking permit.
How to Schedule an Appointment:
The first time you visit the online scheduler, you will be prompted to register. The scheduler only recognizes @oakland.edu email addresses because our services are reserved for OU students, faculty, and staff. You cannot schedule an appointment until you are registered.
Once registered, you can make an appointment using the link below or by calling (248) 370-3120 for assistance.
Click here to schedule an appointment
When scheduling an appointment at the Anton/Frankel Center, be sure to click on the drop-down menu at the top of the scheduler and change it to the schedule labeled "Anton/Frankel Center Schedule Fall 2014."
Please review the following policies BEFORE you schedule an appointment:
- Appointments last 40 minutes. The system reserves 45 minutes, but the last five (5) are reserved for the consultant to finish paperwork and to prepare for the next appointment.
- While WCOnline offers each client the option of uploading his/her paper before the appointment, the consultant will not review it until the client arrives. All activities related to the paper occur during the 40 minute session.
- All consultations at the Anton/Frankel Center occur face-to-face. While a client might upload or email the paper in advance, it will not be read until the session begins. In other words, all sessions occur as a chat between the client and the consultant. In no cases do consultants read the paper and send comments via email.
- Clients at the Anton/Frankel Center may schedule one (1) appointment per day. Staff cannot override this policy, which is based on evidence-based research and OUWC staffing constraints.
- If a client cannot attend a scheduled appointment, s/he must cancel it through the online scheduler or by calling the center at (248) 370-3120, so another client might make use of that appointment time. If the client is more than 10 minutes late and does not contact the OUWC to hold the appointment, this reservation may be canceled.
- WCOnline will automatically suspend a client's privileges after a third "NO SHOW." Access will not be restored until the restricted client meets with an OUWC director.