Nominations are now being accepted for the positions of Vice President and Secretary for the OUWB Faculty Assembly. Serving as a Faculty Assembly officer provides the opportunity to take a leadership role within the OUWB School of Medicine and to represent the voice of the faculty. Meaningful Participation points are also awarded by serving as an officer.
The major duties of these two positions include:
(1 year term as Vice President; 1 year term as President):
- Conduct meetings of the Faculty Assembly in the President’s absence.
- Shall automatically succeed to the Presidency.
Eligibility: *For the 2014 term, only current OUWB clinical faculty members are eligible to run for Vice President
(no term limit):
- Distribute to members of the Faculty all notices, calls, agenda, and minutes of Faculty Assembly meetings.
- Record and preserve minutes of all meetings of the Faculty Assembly, the votes taken therein, special reports, and all other official actions.
- In all elections, be responsible for conducting the balloting and reporting of the results to the Faculty Assembly.
Eligibility: *All current OUWB biomedical sciences and clinical faculty are eligible to run for Secretary
Detailed position descriptions may be found in the OWUB Faculty Bylaws. To nominate a fellow faculty member or yourself, please complete the nomination form by October 15, 2013.
If you have any questions, please contact Stephanie Swanberg, Secretary of Faculty Assembly, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (248) 370 – 3776.