Each month students are given prompts for a reflective essay.
Students choose an article to read each month.
Faculty Mentoring groups
Students meet in mentoring groups for one hour each month and meet individually with their mentor during the academic year.
Guidance on career
choice begins in the M1 year and progresses through the M2 year. The M3
year curriculum focuses on preparing students for the residency
application process from preparing curriculum vitae to navigating the
(not a complete list)
- Developing a personal plan for wellness
Mindfulness based stress reduction
- Planning the M3 and M4 years
Preparing for USMLE
Understanding unconscious bias
- Emotional Intelligence
- Empathy and Compassion
- Financial Wellness
- Conflict resolution
Choosing a specialty
- Learning in the clinical setting
- Writing a curriculum vitae and personal statement
- Making the most of your relationships
- Preparing for the residency application process
- Careers in Medicine