Scott Kunselman was named Senior Vice President – Purchasing and Supplier Quality, Chrysler Group LLC in April 2012. He is responsible for all purchasing and supplier quality activities, including both product-related components and indirect suppliers and services.
Previously, he held the position of Senior Vice President – Engineering since June 2009. In this position, Kunselman oversaw all systems and component engineering, vehicle line platform programs, international engineering, advance vehicle development and innovation, powertrain product engineering, product technical planning and regulatory affairs. He also was responsible for vehicle testing, validation and all product development processes in support of a world-class product development factory.
Since first joining the former Chrysler Corporation in 1985 as a Product Engineer, he has held many different positions within the company, including:
- 2012, Senior Vice President – Purchasing and Supplier Quality, Chrysler Group LLC
- 2009, Senior Vice President – Engineering
- 2008, Vice President – Jeep and Truck Product Team, Chrysler LLC
- 2008, Vice President – Truck Product Team
- 2007, Vice President – Body-on-Frame Product Team
- 2004, Chief Engineer – Ram Truck Programs, Chrysler LLC, DaimlerChrysler
- 2002, Director – Vehicle Development, Body-on-Frame Product Team
- 2002, Director – Interior, Front-Wheel-Drive Product Team
- 2000, Senior Manager – Vehicle Synthesis, Ram Truck Programs
- 1997, Senior Manager – Steering/Suspension/Wheels/Tires, Large Car Platform Engineering, Chrysler Corporation
- 1996, Manager – Interior Trim, Large Car Platform Engineering
- 1994, Specialist – Program Management, Large Car Platform Team
- 1991, Senior Engineer – Suspension Systems Engineering, Small Car Platform Team
- 1987, Product Engineer – Transmission and Driveline Engineering
- 1985, Product Engineering – Chrysler Institute of Engineering (CIE)
Kunselman earned a Master of Business Administration degree (1993) and a Master of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering (1987) from the University of Michigan and a Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering from Carnegie Mellon University (1985).
He has been a member of the Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE) since 1984. He is the Chairman of the Michigan Minority Supplier Development Council (MMSDC), a member of the Board of Directors of the Michigan Science Center and was appointed by Michigan Governor Rick Snyder to the Oakland University Board of Trustees. His hobbies and interests include numerous outdoor activities including skiing, hiking, biking, off-roading, hunting and fishing.
Kunselman was born in Kittanning, Pa.