On-campus housing fills very quickly at OU. We highly recommend that you submit an online contract as early as possible to increase your chance of securing a room for the fall semester:
- incoming freshmen may apply on or after March 1
- returning residents may apply during Early Sign-Up between Feb. 25 - March 1
Students who sign-up early will be given priority in housing assignments over students who submit their contracts at a later date.
If you experience any issues while completing or submitting your contract, please call (248) 370-3570 for assistance.
Directions for applying online
- Log in to the My Housing portal using your Grizzly ID number (capital G and 8 digits) and date of birth (MM/DD/YYYY).
- Select the Time Frame of your housing contract.
- Carefully review the Terms and Conditions. Remember that when you agree to the Terms and Conditions, you are providing an electronic signature that states you are agreeing to all of the terms and conditions exactly as they are written in the contract.
- Complete the Student Preference page.
- If you want to live with a particular OU student, list his/her name in the Roommate Choice option of the Student Preference page. Roommate requests must be mutual -- meaning, your roommate must also list YOU as his/her choice of roommate (you will NOT be matched with a student unless he/she also lists you as a requested roommate). We make every effort to meet all roommate preferences, however we cannot guarantee that you will be placed with your requested roommate. Students who do not list a specific roommate choice will be matched with a roommate based on information gathered on the Student Preference page.
- Select a meal plan option. Residence hall students must select a meal plan; if you do not, a default plan will be selected. Students who plan to live in the apartments or cottages are not required to have a meal plan but may choose a voluntary meal plan on the preference page of the contract, or may purchase one at check-in, if so desired.
- Review and complete both required criminal background questions. YOUR CONTRACT CANNOT BE ACCEPTED AND PROCESSED IF YOU DO NOT COMPLETE THESE TWO QUESTIONS.
- Once you have completed these steps, you will receive a housing contract confirmation. Additional information will be sent to your OU email address as it becomes available.
Additional information will be sent to your OU email address as it becomes available.
Under the age of 18?
If you are below 18 years of age, or legally incapacitated, you will need to submit a paper contract in addition to applying online for on-campus housing. The paper housing contract must be completed by you and your legal guardian, and guarantees payment of all charges relating to on-campus housing. The contract must also be legally notarized before it is mailed to the following address:
University Housing – Residence Halls
448 Hamlin Hall
Rochester, MI 48309