Thank you for your interest in University Housing. We are very grateful that you would like to become a part of our community for the 2014-15 academic year. Unfortunately, we must inform you that we have reached full capacity, and do not currently have a space available for you.
We understand that you are very invested in determining where you will live in the fall, and would like to offer you the opportunity to join our waitlist. Throughout the coming weeks, limited spaces will continue to open up in the residence halls and apartments as students who have been assigned to housing choose to cancel their contracts. Each time a space opens, our staff will assign a student who is still waiting for housing to that space, and will send notification of the assignment to the student’s Oakland University’s email address.
We cannot guarantee that we will be able to place all students who remain on the waitlist in on-campus housing for the fall 2014 semester, but students who are not placed will remain under consideration for placement for the winter 2015 semester. If you choose to remain on our list, it is important to note that you should be making alternative plans for housing/transportation to campus at this time. Please do not assume we will be able to place you before the start of the school year.
To join our waitlist, simply submit the online housing contract by following the directions shown below. Students on the waitlist will be placed in the order in which their contracts are received and validated. Please note that if you are under the age of 18, you must also submit a notarized paper contract. Details on the paper contract can also be found below.
Directions for applying online
- Log in to the My Housing portal using your Grizzly ID number (capital G and 8 digits) and date of birth (MM/DD/YYYY).
- Select the Time Frame of your housing contract.
- Carefully review the Terms and Conditions. Remember that when you agree to the Terms and Conditions, you are providing an electronic signature that states you are agreeing to all of the terms and conditions exactly as they are written in the contract.
- Complete the Student Preference page.
- If you want to live with a particular OU student, list his/her name in the Roommate Choice option of the Student Preference page. Roommate requests must be mutual -- meaning, your roommate must also list YOU as his/her choice of roommate (you will NOT be matched with a student unless he/she also lists you as a requested roommate). We make every effort to meet all roommate preferences, however we cannot guarantee that you will be placed with your requested roommate. Students who do not list a specific roommate choice will be matched with a roommate based on information gathered on the Student Preference page.
- Select a meal plan option. Residence hall students must select a meal plan; if you do not, a default plan will be selected for you. Students who plan to live in the apartments or cottages are not required to have a meal plan but may choose a voluntary meal plan on the preference page of the contract, or may purchase one at check-in, if so desired.
- Review and complete both required criminal background questions. YOUR CONTRACT CANNOT BE ACCEPTED AND PROCESSED IF YOU DO NOT COMPLETE THESE TWO QUESTIONS.
- Once you have completed these steps, you will receive a housing contract confirmation.
After you submit your contract, additional information will be sent to your OU email address as it becomes available. We recommend that all current and future residents check their OU email accounts regularly.
Under the age of 18?
If you are below 18 years of age, or legally incapacitated, you will need to submit a paper contract in addition
to applying online for on-campus housing. The paper housing contract must be completed by you and your legal guardian, and guarantees payment of all charges relating to on-campus housing. The contract must also be legally notarized before it is mailed to the following address:
University Housing – Residence Halls
448 Hamlin Hall
Rochester, MI 48309
More information for returning residents
As mentioned above, returning residents are encouraged to submit their online contract during the Returner Sign-Up Period, which will take place between March 1-7. Students who submit their contracts during this period will receive priority over students who submit their contracts at a later date.
Submitting a contract is just the first part of the process. After the contract submission period, returning residents will have a chance to choose their roommates and their rooms. Roommate and room selection will take place in a series of phases, which are organized by population and location. Please visit our Returner Sign-Up Site
for complete details. Simply click on the button that describes your circumstances to find out more about the phases in which you will participate!