OU Help Desk

Kresge Library, Room 202
100 Library Drive
Rochester, MI 48309-4479
(location map)
(248) 370-4357 (HELP)
Fax: (248) 370-4863
Office Hours: M-F 8:00am - 5:00pm

How to Obtain Your Grizzly ID

How to Obtain your GrizzlyID

Footprints Public Solution #88580  Updated October 2016

If you are a first time student please follow the steps listed in the First Time Students sections at the bottom of this page. Current and Former Students follow instructions below.

You can obtain your GrizzlyID by doing any of the following:

Visit in person and show a picture identification - Current or former students can go to any student services office.

If you cannot come to campus, complete, print and sign the form found here:

Faculty members who do not know their Grizzly ID can do one of the following:

  •     Log into SAIL account and click Faculty Services then select Detail Class List.  The G# will appear in the right-hand corner of the page.
  •     Complete the on-line Grizzly ID Release form (see link above).
  •     Come in person to the OU Help Desk office at 202 Kresge Library and present photo identification.
  •     Go to the UHR Office in Wilson Hall and present photo identification.
If you need an unofficial transcript log into SAIL with your grizzlyID and pin request form. Your GrizzlyID will appear on the transcript for future reference.

Oakland University offers expedited official electronic transcripts. That means you can get an eTranscript the same day you request it — even on weekends and holidays.

eTranscripts are available if you graduated after 1987 online through the National Student Clearinghouse, which charges $4 for processing. This charge is paid directly to the National Student Clearinghouse, not OU.

Remember, official transcripts will not be provided if you have outstanding financial obligations. The Registrar’s Office continues to produce and mail paper transcripts free of charge. Requests for transcripts cannot be accepted via phone.

If your last attendance date was before January 1987, you must complete and submit the transcript request form found here.

First Time Students

Please contact the following department to obtain your GrizzlyID.

Office of Undergraduate Admissions
101 North Foundation Hall
Rochester, MI 48309-4401
(800) OAK-UNIV (800 625-8648)

Office of the Graduate Study
520 O'Dowd Hall
Rochester, MI 48309-4482