Telephone and Campus Directory Information

Telephone and Campus Directory Information

Footprints Public Solution #58113  Updated March 2016

The Oakland University telephone directory is available online by clicking here.

To add or change your telephone number, you need to log into the SAIL system.

Select Personal Information > View/Update Address(es) and Phone(s) 


Click on the appropriate link to update or change a telephone number of address that will be reflected in the on-line directory.


We ask that you take a few minutes to make sure these directories are accurate for your unit.

There are TWO different listing types. The first group is SEARCHES and the second group is PRINTABLE PDF PAGES. The PDF is another way to search; we strongly discourage actual printing because it is out-of-date almost at the moment you print it, given the number of campus moves.

SEARCHES Individual: Click on the EMPLOYEE SEARCH, enter in last name or first name, then press GO.  Data displayed will be title, office location, phone number, and email address. All of this information comes from the person's individual record in Banner and can be updated from the SAIL system.

Please make sure that new faculty and any faculty who have changed offices are correctly entered in Banner with an updated OF address type entered on forms SPAIDEN/PPAIDEN with the address tab.

Department: Click on the DIRECTORY BY DEPARTMENT SEARCH. These are official university departments. If you want to see a department there, you need to talk to Accounting or Finance; this comes from the financial information in university records: FTVORGN table in Banner, with the employees listed linked by job on PEAEMPL to that organization. Your organization has to be created in Banner first and then you as an employee needs to be assigned to that organization in order to see it in this list.

Note:  Names reflected in the on-line directory cannot be changed in the SAIL system.  The names will be the same as Banner.  Please see the same departments listed above for address assistance for name questions.