To begin using computing resources at Oakland
University, you need a Grizzly ID Number, Grizzly PIN, NetID (which
includes email) and password. Please note that the Grizzly ID number and
the NetID are NOT related to your Spirit Card, and the number on your
Spirit Card is not usable to access computing resources.
Step 1: Obtain your Grizzly ID Number and PIN
- Your admission letter provides you with a student ID number called a Grizzly ID number.
- If you have lost your admissions letter you will need to contact Admissions to obtain your Grizzly ID.
Step 2: Verify Grizzly ID and PIN and Obtain your NetID and Password
- Click on “Obtain your NetID account or reset your NetID password.”
- Enter your Grizzly ID and PIN. Your PIN is 6-digits.
a new NetID password and enter it in both “New E-Mail/NetID Password”
and “Verify E-Mail/NetID Password” fields. Note the password
restrictions near the bottom of the page.
- Click the “Change Password” button to obtain your NetID account username and email address.
Step 3: Check out SAIL
- Go to https://mysail.oakland.edu
- Enter in your NetID username and password and click "Sign In."
- Click on SAIL (to the right) to access Student Services and Financial Aid. Click on Student Services.
on Registration, click on Select Term. Your Grizzly ID number and name
are displayed on the top right corner of the screen. Make a note of your
Grizzly ID number.
- Note the links on the right. You may access eBill, SAIL, Class Registration, Financial Aid, Moodle, Webmail and more.
Step 4: Using E-Mail
Step 5: When You Forget
- If you forget your NetID username and or password go to https://netid.oakland.edu/
click “Obtain your NetID account or reset your NetID password” and
complete the form process. You must know your Grizzly ID number and PIN.
- If you forget your PIN go to www.oakland.edu/grizzid and follow the instructions. If you do not remember your pin hint
question, contact the Help Desk to request it be manually reset.
you are a new student and cannot locate your admissions letter, please
contact the Office of Admissions at (248) 370-3360 and staff members
will be happy to assist you.
- You can obtain your grizzly ID number at a student service office with proper identification.
- If you cannot come in person, see How to Obtain your GrizzlyID for alternate methods How to obtain your GrizzlyID