Freshman Admission Criteria and Application
In order to be accepted to The Honors College, high school seniors must first apply to and be accepted by Oakland University. The Honors College accepts students throughout the year. Students may be accepted who fall into one of the categories below.
Interested Freshman Who Meet the Minimum Requirements
- The Honors College invites students who have a minimum 3.5 GPA and a 25 on the ACT to schedule an interview.
- A personal interview must be completed for acceptance. *If you meet the above requirements, you are not required to complete the application for admission.
- Contact us by phone (248-370-4450) or email (email@example.com) to set up your interview.
- During your interview, or after you have been accepted and decided to join, we will ask you to fill out the Student/Parent Contact Form
Honors College Application
- Interested Freshman Who Don't Quite Meet the Minimum Requirements must apply for admittance
- Students who score a 23 or 24 on the ACT may still be accepted into The Honors College if they have a higher GPA (minimum 3.65)
- Students who have a 3.3 or 3.4 GPA may still be accepted into The Honors College if they have a higher ACT score (minimum 26).
- Students who fall into one of the above categories must complete the application form below and, if approved, follow up with a personal interview. During the interview, the Honors College looks for students who display a willingness to pursue academic excellence and leadership opportunities.
The application is available by; 1) clicking on and downloading the link above, 2) will be mailed to students upon request, 3) or can be obtained from The Honors College office at 201 Hannah Hall (temporary offices over the summer).
Please mail your completed application to:
The Honors College
201 Hannah Hall
Rochester, Michigan, 48309-4401
Transfer Student Admission criteria and Application
Students who wish to transfer to The Honors College either from another college or university or within Oakland University are required to have a minimum 3.5 GPA and an on-site interview.
Transfer students interested in applying to Oakland’s Honors College should contact The Honors College by calling (248) 370-4450 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
to set up an appointment.
Below are links to our YouTube channel, where you can hear what some of our current students have to say about their Honors College experiences.