The Grizz Pack is a fall orientation program designed to assist new students in their transition to campus living at Oakland University. Grizz Pack members will help move first-year students into their residence halls, engage students in Move-in Week activities, and act as a key peer link and support as the first-year students transition into their first week of college life.
As a part of the experience, Grizz Pack members will work to develop and enhance communication, leadership, and teamwork skills while working with first-year students. As a sign of appreciation for the Grizz Pack’s contribution to the move-in process, University Housing will invite Grizz Pack members to move into their own on-campus rooms several days before the rest of the student body returns.
To be considered as a candidate for the Grizz Pack, you must meet the following qualifications:
- Demonstrate a positive and enthusiastic attitude for Oakland University and campus life
- Live on campus and be in good academic and disciplinary standing
- Demonstrate leadership ability through previous employment or campus involvement
- Be available to participate fully in all scheduled training and Move-in Week activities
- August 28: Grizz Pack Early Move-In
- August 29: Grizz Pack Group Process and Training
- August 31: New Resident Move-In
- September 1-2: Move-In Week Activities
Role Functions and Commitments
Grizz Pack Leaders will be responsible for the following:
- Represent Oakland University as a role model for new students
- Assist students moving into their residence hall rooms
- Familiarize new students with Oakland University’s campus and residence halls
- Perform set-up and take down tasks as they relate to events or activities
- Lead incoming first-year students in scheduled program events, and activities
- Act as considerate team members, maintaining a positive attitude, work ethic, good judgment and accountability as a University Housing representative
- Have fun, encourage new students to maximize their Oakland University experiences
Interested in applying to be part of the Grizz Pack?
Click HERE for the Grizz Pack application
. Applications are due to the Housing Office in 448 Hamlin Hall by 5 p.m. on Thursday, April 25, 2013.