Your gift to Oakland University makes a difference in so many ways. You can choose to support student scholarships, faculty fellowships and professorships, research endowments, academic program development, or facility renewal and capital enhancement.
Gifts advance student achievement and the quality of an Oakland education and experience. Your gift provides a meaningful and valuable resource for students and faculty.
Reasons to give to Oakland University:
- You value changing the lives of OU students by making the maximum amount of scholarship support available to them
- You are grateful for the education that you received at Oakland and want to give something back
- You understand that tuition only covers two-thirds of the costs associated with providing a personal, high-quality OU education, and want to maintain the level of excellence associated with an OU degree
- You recognize that your gift leverages assistance from corporations and foundations, which often factor in the support of alumni and friends into their own funding decisions
- You wish to celebrate a family member or friend who believes in OU’s mission and vision, by contributing in his or her honor
Your gift of $25 could support:
- goggles, crucibles, thermometers, microscope bulbs and lab coats for students in the School of Health Sciences, School of Nursing and the School of Medicine
- student foreign travel through the Global Initiatives and International Studies program
- the purchase of a tank of liquid nitrogen to be used for teaching and research
Your gift of $50 could support:
- flu vaccinations for OU students through the Graham Health Center
- our commitment to remaining one of Michigan's safest college campuses
- rock salt to keep our sidewalks clear and safe
- the Bear Bus which provides Oakland University students, faculty and staff safe, reliable access to the OU campus and surrounding community
Your gift of $100 could support:
- a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for a Department of Music, Theatre and Dance (MTD) student, to attend the OU Summer Band Intensive.
- resources that bring the world to our students—like new audio and video software for the Language Lab/Media Corridor in the Department of Modern Languages and Literatures.
- an opportunity for School of Business Administration students to participate in the Applied Technology in Business (ATiB) program.
Your gift of $500 could support:
- a busy graduate student to help pay for tuition while juggling time for research, teaching, and studying. Financial support for even one class hour has a huge impact!
- counseling students and faculty to continue offering no cost personal and career counseling to a number of OU students, faculty, staff and our surrounding community at the School of Education and Human Services Counseling Center.
- an academically talented Michigan high school graduate to attend OU on a $5,000 Distinguished Scholar Award!
- a family by providing tuition for a child with an Autism Spectrum Disorder to attend OUCARES summer camp.
Your gift of $1,000 could support:
- a scholarship for an undergraduate student in any department of the arts and sciences
- funding for OU to attract exceptional visiting artists, scholars, and practitioners from around the world
- a one-year subscription to a scientific journal or research periodical
- well maintained athletic fields by providing necessary resources for the Grounds and Athletic departments