Calling all Grizzly Callers!
The OU Telefund raises financial support to enhance funding for scholarships, technology upgrades, campus enhancements and much more. We contact approximately 80,000 alumni and friends through this special calling campaign.
About the job
Are you a student attending Oakland University looking for a part-time job on campus? Working for the OU Telefund is a fun and rewarding part-time position for Oakland University students with 16 credits or more.
Telefund employment will enhance your resume by adding conversational training, fund-raising skills and public relations experience.
The program seeks energetic, dependable student employees each semester to contact OU alumni and friends across the nation about University programs and to invite their support.
- Flexible Hours
- Weekly Prize Incentives
- Great Working Environment
- Be an Ambassador for OU
- Build work experience for your resume
- Refine and strengthen your communication skills
Shift requirements and work scheduleEmployment for the OU Telefund will begin September 17 and run through December 5, 2013.
Callers will select their preferred scheduled work days and times prior to the first day of calling.
Student employees are required to adhere to all University work policies, as well as special work policies outlined by the Telefund staff.
- Sundays: 1:30-4:30 p.m.
- Sundays: 6-9 p.m
- Mondays through Thursdays: 5:45-9 p.m.
TrainingTo become a knowledgeable student caller for OU, new and returning callers will receive paid training.
During training sessions, callers learn fund-raising techniques, how to use the equipment and information about OU, the campus, colleges and programs.
Extended and advanced training is provided to keep callers growing in their performance.
The mandatory caller training will be held on Monday, September 16 from 5-9 p.m.
Some alternative trainings may be available, these will need to be coordinated with Program Center Manager.
Salary and hiring information
- Current salary is $9 per hour for new callers, with an increase for returning callers.
- Student employees are paid every two weeks through the OU biweekly payroll system.
- The first paycheck will be issued on September 27 for hours worked September 9 - 22.
- Student employees must prove eligibility for employment at the time of interview.
- This requires presenting a physical copy of a valid ID, and proof of enrollment at OU, OU-Macomb, or O2O for a minimum of 2 classes.
- Proof of eligibility and all mandatory paperwork needs to be received and approved by Student Financial Services before a student is eligible to attend training or work shifts.