Housing sign-up for students admitted for winter 2018 available
Begin process to apply for financial assistance by completing the FAFSA. Oakland University’s school code: 002307
Orientation Reservation System Opens
Housing sign-up for 2018-19 academic year opens

Welcome to Oakland University!

College is a fun and exciting time to begin a new journey. As a new student, there is much to learn and do in preparation to begin at OU. Make your list and check it twice. Follow these steps to complete the process in becoming a Golden Grizzly.

Financial Assistance Icon - Piggy bank with coin#elseIcon for this category

Complete the FAFSA

File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) beginning October 1 to apply for financial assistance. Add Oakland University’s school code: 002307.

More Info

Thinking Ahead Icon - Upwards pointing arrow#elseIcon for this category

Sign-Up for New Student Orientation Beginning In January

Secure a date to attend New Student Orientation Part One where you will be introduced to OU’s campus, the orientation staff and register for your first year courses.

More Info

Scholarships Accept Icon - Checkmark Inside of Paper#elseIcon for this category

Accept Scholarships (if applicable)

Be sure to complete the process to accept your scholarship you received when you were admitted.

More Info

Scholarships Consider Icon - Dollar Sign Inside of Paper Seal#elseIcon for this category

Consider Additional Scholarships

Research other scholarship opportunities that can aid in paying for college.

More Info

Piggy bank with a coin#elseIcon for this category

Check Financial Aid Status

OU begins sending award notifications in December. Many students are required to provide OU with additional information. It is important to check MySAIL and respond promptly.

More Info

Live on Campus Icon - House#elseIcon for this category

Sign-up to Live On Campus (if applicable)

Complete a housing contract as soon as possible to live on-campus in the fall. Applications available beginning March 1 for fall and November 1 for winter.

More Info

AP, IB & CLEP Scores Icon - Bar Graph#elseIcon for this category

Send AP, IB and CLEP Scores (if applicable)

OU grants credit and/or exemption for selected scores. All scores should be forwarded to the Office of the Registrar, O'Dowd Hall, Rm 100, 586 Pioneer Dr, Rochester, MI 48309-4401.

More Info

Submit Transcripts Icon - Transcript with arrow#elseIcon for this category

Submit Final High School Transcripts

Mark your calendar to place a request for your final high school transcript to be sent to OU.

Submit College Transcripts - Transcript with seal and arrow#elseIcon for this category

Submit Official College Transcripts (if applicable)

If you are a dual-enrolled student or participated in an early/middle college program work with the college you took courses at to submit your official transcripts to the Office of the Registrar, O'Dowd Hall, Rm 100, 586 Pioneer Dr, Rochester, MI 48309-4401.

More Info