Taking Care of Business
Oakland University offers tools and services to students and their families to help them manage their finances. To continue their education at OU, students must be in good financial standing with the university.
* Check out the following financial resources to help you pay your tuition and other expenses:
- Financial Aid:
- Apply for financial aid early to maximize funding options. Completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid at fafsa.ed.gov every year as soon after January 1 as possible will provide the best financial resources.
- Access the OU Financial Aid Web site for scholarship, grant, loan and employment opportunities at oakland.edu/financialaid.
- Check with community organizations.
- Take advantage of free scholarship search services such as FASTWEB at fastweb.com.
- State Programs:
- Visit the state of Michigan Web site at michigan.gov/mistudentaid for information on state programs including Michigan Works, Michigan Education Trust, Michigan Education Savings Plan, Michigan Competitive Scholarship, Tuition Incentive Program, etc.
- Tuition Reimbursement Programs:
- Check with your employer or have your parents check with their employers to determine if they offer employee or dependent tuition reimbursement programs.
- OU Payment Plan:
- Cash, check, online checking and savings account, debit card, or credit card
* Stay informed and current with your financial aid and your bill:
- OU e-mail account.
- Activate your OU e-mail account and check it regularly for important financial aid messages and eBill updates.
- Financial aid requirements and awards.
- Log in to SAIL at mysail.oakland.edu to view the status of your financial aid and your awards.
- Learn about eBill, OU’s electronic billing notification system, and use it regularly. For instructions on how to use eBill visit oakland.edu/ebill.
- Mailing address updates.
- Submit your address updates online through the secure SAIL system using the Personal Information Link.
The SAIL system allows convenient 24/7 online access from anywhere with an internet connection as well as keeping your information safe and secure through our password protected system. Online address changes through the secure SAIL system is the university’s preferred way for students to submit their address changes.