Welcome to the Commuter Connection — a useful resource guide for students who don't live on campus. The CSA office is only responsible for providing this information as a resource to commuters.
Carpooling and public transportation
Need a ride? Willing to give rides? Want to save on gas? There are many opportunities for carpooling on a daily basis and for weekend trips. There is public transportation available to OU campus. Outside of the CSA office is a Commuter Connection Board with tips for commuters, and a place to post rides and find rides. You can also use one of the links below to obtain carpool connections that are available in the area.
Snow day? Call (248) 370-2000 for an automated message that's updated whenever classes are canceled. Visit the Emergency Preparedness
website to sign up for text message alerts and more information on school closings.
Places to study
Places to eat on campus
- Computer labs (All over campus)
- Kresge Library
- Oakland Center
- Elliott Labs
- Pioneer Food Court (OC)
- Café O’ Bears (OC)
- Vandenberg Cafeteria (VBH) - Commuters can also purchase meal plans
- Peet’s Coffee (Kresge Library)
- Starbucks Coffee (Elliott Hall)
- OutTakes Café (Pawley Hall)
- LOTS of vending machines
Getting involved with a student organization is the best way to meet new faces on campus! We have more than 200 student organizations on campus, so you'll be able be to find something you like. No? Start a new one!
Transportation around campus
Access spending money
- ATM machines are in the Campus Recreation Center, Kresge Library, Oakland Center, and Vandenberg Hall
- Set up a SpiritCash account in the ID Card Office, 112 Oakland Center
- Rent a locker in the Oakland Center for $5 for fall and winter semesters with a $5 refundable deposit. To rent a locker, contact the Center for Student Activities.
- Lose something? Check with OUPD's lost and found.