RN to BSN
This tool should only be used as a guide — remember to meet with your academic adviser, Career Services and/or faculty to determine appropriate career options.
Our accredited RN to BSN offers first-rate quality in an affordable, 100 percent online format.
Oakland University’s online RN to BSN equips you to take your career to the next level. Designed for registered nurses, our RN to BSN program combines academic rigor with online convenience. You can complete the 32-credit RN to BSN program in as little as 12 months for less than $10,000, while deepening your knowledge of patient-centered care, evidence-based practice, information technology, and culturally competent care. You’ll graduate with a widely respected Oakland University nursing bachelor’s degree that qualifies you for professional advancement, leadership roles, and graduate nursing programs.
RN to BSN Degree: The Oakland University Advantage
Our RN to BSN program stands out for its blend of academic quality with affordability, flexibility, and convenience. You’ll get the same rigorous instruction that applies to our in-person nursing bachelor’s degrees, while having access to the full resources of Oakland University’s highly respected School of Nursing. Key benefits of our 100 percent online RN to BSN program include:
- Exceptional value. Our RN to BSN minimizes your investment while maximizing your career possibilities. As a fully online program, the RN to BSN won’t conflict with a full-time work schedule. We’ll award maximum transfer credit for your prior coursework from accredited colleges, leaving you with the shortest path to graduation. With an overall cost under $10,000, our online RN to BSN is one of the most accessible nursing programs in the Midwest.
- Supportive, attentive faculty. We assign full-time Oakland University faculty to our online RN to BSN courses. Our interactive online platform enables you to build real relationships with RN to BSN faculty, getting personal, one-on-one attention.
- Relevant, marketable skills. You’ll build practical skills in our RN to BSN program that improve health outcomes and raise your standards of care. In addition to learning techniques that get proven results, you’ll develop proficiencies that have immense value in the job market.
- National accreditation. All of our nursing programs (including the online RN to BSN) are accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE). You’ll be held to the same academic standards as our on-campus nursing students, while receiving the same high caliber of professional development.
The online RN to BSN degree completion program is designed to raise your career trajectory. Health care experts forecast an urgent shortage of leaders in the nursing profession, and the RN to BSN equips you to advance into supervisory and management roles, with the potential to continue your studies in a graduate nursing program.
Graduates of our online RN to BSN program work throughout the health care industry, in settings such as:
- Physician’s offices
- Schools and universities
- Nursing homes
- Community health clinics
- Mental health facilities
- Emergency rooms
- Nonprofit health organizations
- Health education centers
- Long-term care facilities
RN to BSN: What You’ll Study
It takes one year on the full-time plan to complete the 32 nursing-specific credits required for the 100 percent online RN to BSN. Students on the part-time plan can finish the 32 credits in 20 months.
Curriculum is identical for the 12- and 20-month plans. Courses address subjects such as:
- Nursing informatics
- Community health promotion
- Nursing leadership
- Community nursing
- Research basis of nursing
- Health disparities
The program concludes with a capstone experience, which may involve research, supervised clinical work, community outreach, or another independent project.