The Department of Campus Recreation offers both fitness assessments
and additional fitness education programs to help individuals build the foundation for a health and active lifestyle.
BIGGEST LOSER CHALLENGE: WINTER 2015
Are you finally ready to change your life? Do you have at least 15 pounds to lose? Apply to participate in our Biggest Loser Challenge Program for 2015!
- Program will run from Monday, January 19 - Friday, April 10.
- Participants will work with a personal trainer and get additional education in the areas of nutrition, stress management, and physical activity to help with lifestyle behavior change
- Email or notification of intent to participate is due by Tuesday, January 6, 2015 (see application for specifics)
- To qualify for early bird pricing, applications are due by Monday, December 22, 2015
- Early Bird pricing $100
- Price after early bird $150
Start losing weight and living the life you have always wanted!
For more information contact Rachelle Winkler at 370-4911 or email@example.com
Click here for the application
, physician clearance form
, and informed consent form
Frequently asked questions:
1. I can’t get an appointment with my doctor until after January 6th, what do I do if I want the early bird special?
A: You can turn in what you have for your application and make a note that you’re waiting on your physician’s clearance. If you are accepted into the program, then you’ll have until the first day of the program to turn in your physician’s clearance. Failure to do so will result in being dropped from the program.
2. Do I have to pay when I turn in my application?
A: No, payment is due once you’re accepted into the program. Failure to pay by the third day of the program will result in being removed as a participant.
3. How do I know when my workouts will be?
A: You are placed in a group based on the availability that you provide us in your application. The more availability that you provide, the easier it will be to create the groups.
4. How many times a week do I have to work out?
A: You are required to workout at least three times a week, two of which must be with your group. Keep in mind that although the minimum is three, if your goal is to lose weight, then you should really be targeting 5-6 days of workouts a week. Failure to meet the minimum requirements or to show up for your group workouts can result in being dropped from the program.
5. What happens if I can’t make a group workout for the week?
A: We try to discourage drop-ins because it causes distractions to the other groups, but we also understand that schedules change, things happen and sometimes it can’t be helped. In these types of situations, we do allow you to join another group’s workout session under the agreement that you 1. notified the coordinator about your plans and 2.asked the trainer for permission to join his/her group. However, if we notice that this is a weekly pattern, we will sit you down and discuss the situation further.
6. How often do I have to weigh in?
A: You are required to weigh in every Monday morning. Please set aside 5-10 minutes each Monday to stop by the Rec Center to get weighed in by our fitness assistant. The coordinator collects results about 11a on Mondays. There will be a negative mark against you if you haven't weighed in by the time the results are collected. Missing more than two weigh-ins may result in being dropped from the program.
7. Do I have to keep track of my workouts and eating?
A: Absolutely! You are required to turn in your workout and eating logs to your trainer every Monday. This will give your trainer a week to review and add feedback as needed. Failure to turn in a completed log may result in being dropped from the program.
TGIF (Teens Getting Into Fitness)
- Designed for 14 and 15 year old teens who want to use the Fitness Center.
- Teens will learn to safely and properly use the exercise equipment. Once the TGIF program is complete the teen will receive a card to bring with them every time they use the Fitness Center. The Fitness Assistant on duty will ask to see their completion card.
- Parents/guardians must remain in the Fitness Center with the child during all workouts. Call (248) 370-4511 to register for this program.
- Designed for members who are new to working out and/or using our fitness center.
- Members will learn to safely and properly use the exercise equipment. They will also learn the basic components of strength training.
- Call (248) 370-4511 to register for this program