To ensure your inter-office mail is delivered efficiently, please follow the guidelines listed below:
- Use an inter-departmental envelope, or if you are using a regular envelope please have your on-campus mail separated from off-campus mail.
- Make sure the recipient's name and department is clearly printed on the envelope.
- It is not neccessary to put a building or room number on campus mail since this mail is sorted by department.
- Use of Campus Mail is restricted to official university business only.
- Campus Mail Envelopes are available in limited quantity from Mail Services.
Off Campus Mail (mail requiring postage)
University departments must follow all the USPS guidelines for proper addressing of mail. To ensure that your mail is sent quickly and efficiently, please provide the following:
- Fund Number: Your department's fund number must be included with any mail or package that Mail Services affixes postage to. Attach a bar code slip or write you fund number in the upper left corner of each item. Bar code slips and stickers are available free of charge by contacting Mail Services at firstname.lastname@example.org, submitting a form via fax 2286 or by sending your completed form in campus mail. If you need a copy of the order form click on the link Bar Code Supply Form.
- Service requested: Clearly state which specific service you need and the carrier you would like to use. Mail Services will recommend which carrier to use based on speed of service, mailing location and price.
- Keep international mail separate from domestic this includes Mexico and Canada.