Teaching and Doctoral Student Mentoring
- 1975-78 ___ Ph.D. in MIS, Northwestern University, Evanston, Illinois
- 1972-75 ___ MBA in Production and Operations Management, U. of WI- Oshkosh, Wisconsin
- 1970-72 ___ MS in Electrical Engineering with Control Systems and Computer Logic, U. of WI- Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- 1964-69 ___ BS in Electrical Engineering, Regional Engineering College, Warangal, Andhra Pradesh, India.
- 2013-present: Professor, Management Information Systems, School of Business Administration, Oakland University, Rochester, MI 48309
- 2007-2013: Dean of School of Business Administration, Oakland University, Rochester, MI 48309
- 2003-2007: Professor of MIS and MIS Dept Head University of Arizona, Eller College of Management Teaching/Taught: MIS Strategy, IT Management, Systems Analysis and Strategic MIS (MBA Course)
- 1997-2002: Professor in Management Information Systems Director of Applied Technology in Business ProgramCo-director, Center for Entrepreneurship in Information Technology School of Business Administration, Oakland University, Rochester MI 48309 Taught: Business IT Foundations, IT Project Management & Business Process Innovation
- 1982-1996: Associate Professor in Management Information Systems Syracuse University, Syracuse, New York, 13244
- Taught: Structured Systems Analysis and Design, Decision Support Systems, MIS concepts, MIS Synthesis, MIS Ph.D. Seminar and Expert Systems.
- 1978-1982: Assistant Professor in Management Information Systems
- University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI Taught: Systems Analysis and Design, Computers in Business, Decision Support Systems, and Seminar in MIS (under-graduate and graduate).
- MIS Ph.D. Student Thesis Advising: Committee chair for 9 Ph.D. students and a committee member for 6 others at SU; Committee chair of 2 doctoral students and committee member for 9 students at U of Arizona
- Khuntia J, Karimi J, Tanniru M, Meyers A. (2014). The University of Colorado Digital Health Consortium Initiative: A Collaborative Model of Education, Research and Service. Journal of Commercial Biotechnology, 20 (3): 31-37.
- Park, Y., Tanniru, M and Khuntia, J. "Designing a Social Media Platform in Support of Knowledge Sharing for Health Care with Synchronous Video Communication," accepted for publication at the American Journal of Information Technology (AJIT), Forthcoming in 2014.
- R. Lusch, Vargo S. and M. Tanniru, “Service, Value Networks and Learning: Converging Marketing and SCM on Service-Dominant Logic,” Journal of Academy of Marketing Science, 29, January 2009.
- K. Fadel, Brown, S. and M. Tanniru, “A Theoretical Framework for Knowledge Transfer in Process Redesign,” Data Base, Vol.39, No.3, 2008.
- L. Zhao, C. Hsu, H. Jain, J. Spohrer, M. Tanniru and H. Wang, “Panel Report: Bridging Service Computing and Service Management: How MIS Contributes to Service Science Orientation,” Communication of the AIS, 2008, Vol. 22, Article, 22, pp: 413-428
- M. Tanniru, “A Framework for Supporting Decisions in a Global Context – The Case of a Global DSS (gDSS) for financial planning,” in DSS Handbook 2, eds. F. Burstein and C. Holsapple, 2008, Chapter 48, pp:239-260, Springer-Verlag.
- Sugumaran, V., Storey, V and M. Tanniru, “A Knowledge-Based Framework for Extracting Components in Agile Systems Development,” Information Technology and Management Special Issue on Architecture & Design for Application Agility, 2008, Vol.9, 37-53
- Rajagopalan, B., M. Tanniru, D. Doane and K. York, “Enablers and Enterprise Systems Training Success- an Exploratory Investigation,” International Journal of Information Systems, 2007, Vol. 2, No.3, 250-265.
- Mukherji, N., Rajagopalan, B., M. Tanniru, "A Decision Support System Model for Optimal Timing of Upgrades in Investment in Information Technology Upgrades", Decision Support Systems, Vol.42, Issue, 3, Dec. 2006, 1684-1696.
- Madhusudan, T and M. Tanniru, "Knowledge Partitioning - A Strategic Approach to Product Lifecycle Management," 2005, International Journal of Product Development, Vol.2, Nos1/2, pp:85-104.
- E. Peacock and M. Tanniru, "Activity-Based Justification for IT Investments", Information & Management, 2005, Vol. 42 pp.415-424.
- H. Aigbedo and M. Tanniru, Electronic Markets in Support of Procurement Processes Along the Automotive Supply Chain, Journal of Production Planning and Control, 2004, Vol.15, No.4, October, 688-695.
- M. Tanniru and R. Agarwal, ATiB Program An Industry-Academia Partnership to Support Student Learning, e-Service journal - http://www.e-sj.org/, 2002.
- L. Thomas W. and Tanniru, Mohan, "Knowledge Management Audit A Methodology and Case Study," Australian Journal of Information Systems (Special Issue on Knowledge Management), 2001, 23 41.
- K. Mathieson, M. Bhargava and M. Tanniru, Web-Based Consumer Decision Tools: Motivations and Constraints, Electronic Markets, 2000, Vol. 9, No.4, 274-277.
- V. Sugumaran, M. Tanniru and V. Storey, A Domain Model for Supporting Reuse in Systems Analysis, Communications of ACM, November 2000, Vol. 43, No. 11es.
- R. Agarwal, J. Prasad, M. Tanniru and J. Lynch, Rapid Application Development: Are we Subverting Good Software Construction Practices, Communications of ACM , November 2000, Vol. 43, No. 11es, pp: 83-90,
- R. Agarwal, P. De, A. Sinha and M. Tanniru, On the Usability of Object-Oriented Representations, Communications of ACM, October 2000, Vol.43, No.10.
- S. Nambisan, R. Agarwal, M. Tanniru Organizational Mechanisms for Enhancing Users' Propensity to Innovate in Information Technology, MIS Quarterly, 1999, Vol. 23, No.3, Sept. 365-395.
- D. Cardarelli, R. Agarwal, M. Tanniru, Reengineering: Some Organizational Considerations, Journal of Information Systems Management, 1997.
- R. Agarwal, G. Krudys and M. Tanniru, Infusing Learning into an Information Systems Organization, European Journal of Information Systems, 1997, Vol. 6, 25:40.
- D. Ghosh and M. Tanniru, Generating and Evaluating Process Redesign Options: A Network Modeling Approach, Annals of Operations Research, 1997.
- R. Agarwal, M. Tanniru, and D. Wilemon, Assimilating Information Technology Innovations: Strategies and Moderating Influences, IEEE Transactions in Engineering Management, 1997, Vol. 44, No.4, 347:358.
- K. Smith, S. Nambisan and M. Tanniru, Organizational Learning and Resource-Based Theory: An Integrative Model, Journal of Organizational Change Management, 1996, Vol. 9, No.6, 44:53
- R. Agarwal, A. Sinha and M. Tanniru, The Role of Prior Experience and Task Characteristics in Object-Oriented Modeling: An Empirical Study, Intl. Journal of Human-Computer Studies, 1996, 45, 639:667.
- R. Agarwal, A. Sinha and M. Tanniru, Cognitive Fit in Requirement Modeling: A Study of Object and Process Methodologies, Journal of MIS, fall, 1996, Vol. 13, No.2.
- R. Agarwal and M. Tanniru, Migration from Process to Object Model - A Network Based Approach", MIS Review, 1996, Vol.1, No.6 (published by National Chengchi University, Taipei, Taiwan).
- M. Benaroch and M. Tanniru, Conceptualizing Structurable Tasks in the Development of Knowledge Based Systems, Decision Sciences, 1996, Vol. 27, No.3.
- R. Agarwal, M. Tanniru, and Y. Zhang, Knowledge Based Model Validation Support for End User Computing Environments, Decision Support Systems, 1995, Vol.15, 1-18.
- D. Ghosh, J. Pruitt and M. Tanniru, Modeling and Simulation of IS for Performance Evaluation during Systems Analysis, Systems Analysis Modeling and Simulation, 1995.
- R. Agarwal, J. Heatley, and M. Tanniru, The Implementation and Evaluation of Innovative Technologies A Study of Carrier EXPERT, Journal of Strategic Information Systems, 1995, Vol.4, No.3.
- R. Agarwal, L. Roberge and M. Tanniru, MIS Planning: A Methodology for Systems Prioritization, Information and Management, 27, 1994, 261-274
- R. Agarwal, S. Brown and M. Tanniru, Assessing the Organizational Impact of Expert Systems The Experiences of a Small Firm, Expert Systems with Applications, 1994, Vol.7, No.2, pp.249-257.
- R. Agarwal and M. Tanniru, Assessing Organizational Impacts of Technology, International Journal of Technology Management, 1993, Vol. 6/7/8.
- R. Agarwal, R. Kannan and M. Tanniru, Formal Validation of a Knowledge Based System Using a Variation of the Turing Test", Expert Systems with Applications, 1993, Vol.6, pp.181-192.
- R. Agarwal, S. Sakthivel and M. Tanniru, Knowledge-Based Approach to Structural Integrity Verification in Requirement Analysis and Logical System Specifications, Knowledge Based Systems, 1993 Sept., Vol. 6, No.3.
- D. Gulati and M. Tanniru, A Model Based Approach to Investigate Improvements in Performance of Rule Based Systems, Decision Sciences, Jan./Feb.1993, Vol.24, No.1.
- R. Agarwal and M. Tanniru, A Structured Methodology for developing Production Systems, Decision Support Systems, 1992, Vol.8, 483-499.
- R. Agarwal and M. Tanniru, A Petri Net Based Approach for Verifying the Integrity of Production Systems, International Journal of Man Machine Studies, 1992, Vol.36, 447 468.
- R. Agarwal, R. Kannan and M. Tanniru, Knowledge Based Support for the Design of Information System Controls, The Journal of Accounting Systems, Fall 1992, Vol.2.
- R. Agarwal, M. Tanniru and M. DaCruz, Knowledge Based Support for Combining Quantitative and Qualitative Judgments in Resource Allocation Decisions, Journal of MIS, Summer, 1992, Vol.9, No.1, 165-184.
- C. Higgins, R. Agarwal and M. Tanniru, Technology Diffusion in a Centralized MIS Environment Experiences at Carrier, Information and Management, 1991, Vol. 20, 61 70.
- T. Murray and M. Tanniru, Control of Inconsistency and Redundancy in Prolog type Knowledge bases, Expert Systems with Applications, 1991, Vol.2, 321 331.
- H. Jain, M. Tanniru and B. Fazollahi, MCDM Approach for Generating and Evaluating Alternatives in Requirement Analysis, Information Systems Research, 1991, Vol.2, No.3, 223 239.
- R. Agarwal, M. Tanniru and R. Linck, Knowledge Base Maintenance, Expert Systems: Planning, Implementation and Integration, 1991 Summer, Vol.3, No.2, 6 14.
- B. Fazlollahi and M. Tanniru, Selecting a Requirement Determination Methodology Contingency Approach Revisited, Information and Management, 1991, Vol.21, 291 303.
- R. Agarwal and M. Tanniru, Knowledge Extraction Using Content Analysis, Knowledge Acquisition, 1991, Vol.3, 421 441.
- R. Agarwal and M. Tanniru, System Development Life Cycle for Expert Systems, Knowledge Based Systems, Sept. 1990, Vol.3, No.3, 170 180.
- R. Agarwal and M. Tanniru, Knowledge Acquisition Using Structured Interviewing: An Empirical Investigation, Journal of MIS, summer 1990, Vol.7, No.1, 123 140.
- M. Tanniru and H. Jain, Knowledge Based GDSS to Support Reciprocally Interdependent Decisions, Decision Support Systems, 5, 1989, 287 301.
- S. Sakthivel and M. Tanniru, Information System Verification and Validation during Requirement Analysis using Petri Nets, Journal of MIS, Winter 88 89,Vol.5, No.3, 33 51.
- T. Murray and M. Tanniru, Selection between Knowledge Based and Traditional Approach to System Design, Journal of MIS, summer 1987, Vol.5, No.1, 42 58.
- M. Tanniru, Cost and Benefit Analysis for Computer Automation, The Management Review Loyola College in Maryland, Fall 1984, Vol.1, No.3, 21 27.
- E. Stohr and M. Tanniru, A Data Base for Operations Research Models, Policy Analysis and Information Systems, Winter 1980, Vol.4, No.1, 105.
- J. Blin, E. Stohr and M. Tanniru, A Structure for Computer Aided Corporate Planning, Policy Analysis and Information Systems, June 1979, Vol.3, No.1, 111 140.
Editor of Special Issues
Articles published in a book
- Co-edited with Dr. T.P. Liang an issue of JMIS on Customer-centric IS, Volume 23, No.3, Winter 2006/7.
- Co-editor with Dr. J. Leon Zhao and Dr. Liang-Jie Zhang, IBM Research, of a special issue on "From Web Services to Services Computing: Technologies and Applications," Information Systems Frontier, Vol.9, No.1, March 2007.
Select Conference Papers - Since 1994 only
- Mr. Henry Aigbedo and M. Tanniru, "Electronic Markets in Support of Procurement Processes along the Automotive Supply Chain," will be included in a text book, titled "Value-Based Management of Japanese Companies," co-edited by Yasuhiro Monden, Kanji Miyamoto, Kazuki Hamada, Gunyung Lee and Takayuki Asada, to be published by World Science Publishing Inc., in 2005
- R. Solak, M. Schrauben, and M Tanniru, Mobile commerce in Automotive Industry, in Readings in M-Commerce, edited by B. Menneckin and T. Stadler, 2002.
- M. Tanniru, Managing Information Technology: A Resource Enhancement Perspective, Encyclopedia of Computer Science and Technology, 1996, Vol.34, supplement 19.
- R. Agarwal, M. Tanniru and R. Linck, Knowledge Base Maintenance,, Handbook of Systems Management Development and Support, Auerbach Publications, 1992.
- R. Agarwal and M. Tanniru, Organizational Management of Expert Systems Development, Expert Systems for Management and Engineering, Ellis Horwood Ltd., United Kingdom, Nov. 90.
Partial List of Invited Workshops and Presentations
- Tanniru, M., Sourcing Strategy and Cross-Organizational Career Development, Keynote address, May, 2014, ACM-SIG MIS/CPR Conference, Singapore.
- Park Y., Tanniru, M. and Khuntia, J., "Designing an Effective Social Media Platform for Health Care with Synchronous Video Communication," HEALTHINF 2014, 7th International Conference on Health Informatics, part of a 7th joint International Conference on Biomedical Engineering Systems and Technologies, Anger, France, March, 2014.
- Tanniru, M., Health Care Value Chain: " A framework for understanding Regional vis-à-vis Global Differences", Global Health Workshop. HICSS-47, Jan. 6-9, 2013.
- Deng. X., Khuntia, J., Ghosh, K. and Tanniru, M, "Psychological Empowerment of Patients with Chronic Diseases - The Role of Digital Integration," ICIS Conference - 2013, December, Milan, Italy.
- Tanniru, M., Eveslage, B., Ellis, D., and Turaka, N., "Peer-to-Peer Mentoring with Global Reach," the 6th annual mentoring conference, New Mexico, 2013, October.
- Fadel, K and M. Tanniru, "A Knowledge-Centric Framework for Process Redesign," ACM-SIGMIS, 2005, in Atlanta, GA (Received the best paper award).
- Y. Zhang and M. Tanniru, An Agent-based Approach to Study Virtual Learning Communities, HICSS-2005 (best paper award in collaboration track).
- Harry J. Wang, J. Leon Zhao, Jay Nunamaker, Jr., and Mohan Tanniru, AC-Composer: An Access Control System for Web Services Orchestration, presented at AIS 2004, August, New York.
- Y. Zhang and M. Tanniru, "Business Flexibility and Operational Efficiency -- Making Trade-Offs in Service Oriented Architecture," AMCIS, 2005
- Y. Zhang and M. Tanniru "Bridging the Gap between Flexibility and Rigidity in Managing Propositional Knowledge Systems: Unifying Relationships with a Hybrid Link Architecture, " AMCIS 2005
- K. Fadel, M. Tanniru and S. Weisband, "Understanding Process Knowledge Change in Enterprise System Implementation: A Framework and Case Study", ICIS 2005, received one of 20 best papers out of 450 at the AMCIS 2005.
- Tanniru, M., "Applied Technology in Business- A Model to support Industry/Academic Collaboration," AIS Conference, 2001, Boston, CA
- Sugumaran, V. and M. Tanniru, "Designing Support for Customers on the Web- A Case Study," AIS Conference, 2000, Long Beach, CA.
- S. Sharma and M. Tanniru, "Managing Projects in a Software Acquisition Environment- Issues and Challenges," AIS Conference, 2000, Long Beach, CA.
- S. Miree, M. Simon and M. Tanniru, "Understanding the role of E-commerce in B to B Sales Strategy," AIS conference, 2000, Long Beach, CA.
- V. Sugumaran, V. Storey and M. Tanniru, "An Automated System for Artifact Reuse in Systems Analysis and Design," Workshop on Information Technology and Systems, December, 1999.
- V. Sugumaran, V. Storey and M. Tanniru, "Identifying Software Components from Process Requirements Using Domain Model and Object Libraries," International Conference on Information Systems, 1999, December.
- M. Tanniru, "Knowledge Management - A Framework for Analysis," Pacific Asian Conference on Expert Systems, February, 1999, Los Angeles, CA.
- T.J. Wharton, J. Braunstein and M. Tanniru, "Problem Structuring: Overcoming the Influence of Info. Processing Heuristics and Biases," Decision Science Institute Conf., 1999.
- R. Agarwal and M. Tanniru, "Organizational Receptivity to Change and Success in Process Reengineering," ICIS Conference, Cleveland, 1996.
- S. Nambisan, M. Tanniru and D. Wilemon, "Software development: learnings from new product development," Fifth International Conference on Management of Technology, Miami, Feb. 27, 1996.
- R. Kannan, S. Khorramshahgol and M. Tanniru, "A Quantitative Method for Performing a Cost-Benefit Analysis of Expert System Projects," EPIA -The 7th. Portuguese Conference on AI -Application of ES, Portugal, 1995
- R. Agarwal and M. Tanniru, "Addressing Complexity in Process Redesign using KBS/ES Technology," Pacific-Asian Conference on Expert Systems in China during May, 1995.
- B. Suresh and M. Tanniru, "A Knowledge Based System for Diagnostic Support," Japan/Korea Joint Conf. on Expert Systems, Japan, 1994.
- M. Albers, R. Agarwal and M. Tanniru, "The Practice of Business Process Reengineering: Radical Planning and Incremental Implementation in an IS Organization", ACM-SIGCPR Conference, 1994 March.
- Systematic Inventive Thinking and Implication for Enterprise Reengineering at San Jose State University (Feb, 2014), University of British Columbia-Vancouver (March 2014) and Arizona State University (April 2014)
- Managing Information Technology in a Global Environment -- A reflective look back with an opportunity to shape its future, IIT-Mumbai and IIT-Delhi
- Presented Process Innovation to CEO and President's Association in Tucson, March 2006
- Co-hosted a session with Mr. Brian Ellerman of Sanofi-Aventis at the ITASA CIO SIG (IT Association of Southern Arizona, CIO Special Interest Group) on January 27th.
- Gave a talk, "Mining the E-Commerce Gold," at the SCORE Business Success Forum on March 10th, 2004 at Holiday Inn, Tucson, Arizona.
- KM Issues and Challenges in the KM theory session of the US Air Force Conference on Knowledge Management in Tucson, AZ, 2005
- Participated in a panel discussion on IT Career Options on Feb 5th as a part of Key to Employment for the 21st Century (for middle and high school students), organized by Metropolitan Education Commission
- Joined a panel of academics on "Emerging Directions for the IS Academic Community: Challenges and Opportunities," at the Gordon Davis Symposium on May 13-14 in Minneapolis, 2005.
- Made MIS curricular presentation to the MIS faculty at the Whitman School of Management in Syracuse University on May 6th, 2005
- Workshop on Integrating Business & IT Strategies at the 2002 IMA Annual Conference on Strategic Finance: New Trends, New Technologies, June, San Diego.
- Tanniru, M., Kaljee L., Eveslage, B. Zervos, J., Parke, D. Prentiss, T.,Turaka, N., and Shipla, K. “Global Health Information Technology Solutions for a Novel Community Health Innovation Framework, under review by HICSS 2015.
- Tanniru, M. and Margulis, R, Rethinking of Post-Discharge Care - Role of Hospital in Shaping Health Care Delivery, 2013
- V. Balijepalli, M. Tanniru, and J. Weiner, “Integrating Strategic to Operational Decision-Making using Data-Driven DashBoard Implementation: The Case of St. Joe Mercy Hospital, May 2014
- Tanniru, M., Process Redesign and Strategic Innovative Thinking – Comparative approaches for lean vis-à-vis agile thinking, June 2014
Industry partnerships on curriculum and research
- Established Business Futures Council in 2008– to bring executive thought to shape business research and education
- Established CIBRE in 2008– Center for Integrated Business Research and Education – to support Excellence through Integration theme of the business school
University of Arizona
- The MIS Futures Council was established in 2003 to seek input from a national and international constituency on curriculum matters.
- The Arizona IT Innovation Partnership Program was established in 2003 to provide doctoral and MS students the opportunity to explore new technology applications in real world settings
- The IT Industry Research Council was established in 2005 to seek input on specific business problems that require rigorous research by our faculty members and doctoral/graduate students
Since 2003 these three industry partnership programs, along with the three conferences and the internship programs, were supported by over $1M in funding from corporations for the department.
Student Project Coordination
- 2007: Coordinate 25 CIBRE Summer Internship and CIBRE consultancy and other economic development projects in support of experiential learning, integrative thinking and global understanding.
- 2003-2006: Coordinated 15 graduate and Ph D student projects with Sanofi-Aventis, Flandrau Science Center, AOL, Honeywell, GM and Kaiser Permanente
- 1997-2002: Coordinated over 200 projects with 45 companies such as GM, DaimlerChrysler, EDS, Lear, Comerica and Compuware.
- 1982-1997: Coordinated over 60 projects that explored technologies and methodologies such as IT management in a global arena, business process reengineering, building a learning oriented IS organization, object oriented development, CASE, expert systems, IS bench-marking, sales force automation, and decision modeling in Syracuse, NY.
- 1978-82: Coordinated over 200 student projects in the systems development area with over 90 companies in Madison, WI.
- Consultant to Tata Infotech, India (99-01) on projects related to Knowledge management and IT Strategy.
- Consultant to Tata Consultancy Services (90 96): the largest software agency in South Asia: Project Coordinator for Revising Systems Development Methodology and Building an Analyst's Workbench. Other projects include learning based expert experts and information systems planning in developing countries.
- Consultant to Proctor & Gamble Pharmaceuticals on a project that calls of an assessment of prescription effectiveness using multiple expert view points (93 Sept. - 94 April).
- Consultant to Carrier-UTC (1988 89, 1991) Built a Product Configurator Expert System (which is implemented in 89) and developed training sessions for knowledge engineers.
- Raised over $3M funding for a variety of SBA and CIBRE activities since 2007.
- Received funding of over $400K from eight corporations over three years to support Arizona IT Innovation Project Program at the U of Arizona and $200K from SAP to support research in RFID.
- Received funding of $140K as a part of Industry Research Council to support faculty and doctoral student work
- Received funding of $150K for student internships between 2003 and 2005
- Coordinated the development of a major proposal for IBM SUR Grant (which was approved value equivalent to $500K in hardware). Research from this is continuing into 2005. Dr. Sudha Ram is spearheading the effort.
- Received funding of over $2.5 million from over 45 corporate sponsors over 5 years to support the Applied Technology in Business program at Oakland University, Rochester, MI.
- Received funding of $150K from Michigan Economic Development Association and Oakland University for establishing a center for entrepreneurship in information technology ($450K over three years) (2001)
- Received funding from Snyder Innovation Management Center ($2,500) for a project in BPR and Organizational Innovation (co-investigators: R. Agarwal and M. Tanniru) (1995-96).
- Received funding from Tata Consultancy Services, INDIA ($10,000.00) for research collaboration in the IT area (1994-96).
- Received funding from Digital Equipment Corporation, Alcoa, Welsch-Allen, Pass & Seymour and IBM funds to set up the AI-Lab and continue its operations during the years (92-95) (amount: $ 150,000 approximately)
Conference Fund Raising for 15 years (since 1989)
- Received funding to sponsor two conferences (2003: $40K; 2004: $150K, 2006: $30K) in the MIS Department at the University of Arizona.
- Received funding to sponsor five conferences (1997-2002), as a part of the Applied Technology in Business Program at Oakland University (an average of $40K).
- Received funding to sponsor eight conferences (1989-1996) on Managing Advanced Information Technology in the MIS Program at Syracuse University (an average of $25K).
- Coordinator of CA International Case Competition on Strategic Value of IT Management 2007-
- Co-chair of the AMCIS 2011 in Detroit, 4-8, 2011
- Institutional Partnerships: Exec Ed Program in Product Lifecycle Management with College of Technology at Purdue University, and Proposal to develop a joint program on Service Oriented Architecture/Service Science with U of Manchester-UK
- Member of the Evaluation committee to select the award recipients for the Arizona Governors Celebration of Innovation of Technology in the State of Arizona in 2003-2006
- Coordinated MIS Round Table Discussions on March 25th in Tucson on the future of MIS with representatives from 20 of the top 25 MIS programs
- Established AOL Case Challenge in spring 2004, Deloitte Case Challenge in 2005, and Salter Case Challenge in 2006 for UG and G students. They work on specific projects and compete for recognition and awards.
- Acted as the Director of Arizona Center for Information Science and Technology (2005-2006)
- Director of Applied Technology in Business Lab (97-2002), Oakland University, Michigan
- Director of AI/ES Lab at Syracuse University (92-96): Established to facilitate Technology Transfer of AI/ES technology to Industry.
- MIS Area Coordinator (87;90-96): School of Management, Syracuse University.
- Reviewer for ISR, Decision Sciences, Journal of MIS, ACM Communications, Intl. Journal of Man Machine Studies, Decision Support Systems, MIS Quarterly, Annals of OR, IEEE Transactions on Eng. Management
- Co-Conference Chair of 25th anniversary of ER Conference in Tucson, AZ in 2006 and 5th Workshop on E-Business in Milwaukee-WI, 2006
- Program Chairperson for ACM SIGCPR conference in 1992, St. Louis
- Editor of ACM SIGCPR Newsletter (1983 85);
- Program committee member for ACM-SIGCPR 91, 93, 94, 95, 97, 99-03
- Program committee member for the Workshop on Information Technologies and Systems for the years 92, 93, 94, 95, 99-03.
Other Outreach Activities
- Established CIBRE Conversations to support discussions on economic development 2009-10
- Developed summer camps in 2009 and 2010 with K-12 in business entrepreneurship for minority and economically disadvantaged, as well as highly gifted international academy students
- Established a women-IT mentorship program and 14 MIS students (UG, G and Pima Community College)
- Developed multiple K-12 Outreach activities http://mis.eller.arizona.edu/k12/
- A summer camp for Boys & Girls Club of Tucson in partnership with Raytheon Company and Sunnyside School District
- Five additional summer camps for students of all ages
- Educating high school teachers on IT opportunities
- Developing special IT projects for high school students - work with MIS students
- Participating in Careers for 21st Century Expo with student projects and panel discussions