By integrating professional and career development into the undergraduate curriculum, the ACHIEVE program helps students successfully transition from college students to graduates who are highly marketable and ready for the professional world. The program is designed to give students a positive, safe environment that fosters critical career support throughout all the stages of educational development.
The ACHIEVE (SBC) curriculum is aimed to prepare students for their future in the professional world, allowing students to practice with individual coaching and feedback, and finally gives students the opportunity to perform in a realistic setting backed by guidance and support.
The three, required zero-credit classes are completed by all SBA students. Fully backed by the SBA, the program is geared towards helping students ACHIEVE their competitive advantage.
SBC 199 ACHIEVE I
- Explore business majors and careers that relate to talents and interests
- Discover professional development and resume building opportunities with Career Services, and professional and student organizations
- Develop financial literacy and budgeting skills
- Participate in networking events
SBC 299 ACHIEVE II
Individual coaching and feedback enable growth and development in the following areas:
- Networking with professionals
- Presentation of “two-minute pitch”
- Business ethics
- Completion of a business professional resume
- Technology utilization to aid networking and the job search
SBC 399 ACHIEVE III
Informed, prepared and confident students:
- Participate in mock interviews
- Complete company research to aid their job search
- Develop business etiquette and acumen
- Attend Oakland University sponsored career and internship fairs
- Gain industry and career insights from business professionals
- Learn the value of pursuing internship opportunities