Lunch 'n Learn: When a Patient Needs Help; Who Can Doctors Call?
4/28/2014, 11:30 AM - 1:00 PM
Patients have complex needs that go far beyond those that can be treated medically. What is the physician's role in identifying these needs, developing a plan and referral(s) to treat the patient as a whole person? What are the referral options available for patients and for you as the physician? The answers to these points and so much more will be provided by this expert interdisciplinary panel.
- Dr. Michael Barnes; Associate Professor, OUWB School of Medicine; Internal Medicine, Residency Program Director, Beaumont Health System; Voted Best Doctors in America, 2013, 2014
- Dr. Mary Smyth, Director Ambulatory Pediatrics, Beaumont Health System
- Linda Caurdy-Bess,MSW. Director of Medical Social Work, Beaumont Health System
- Karen Glorio Luther,JD , Director, Legal Aid For Children and Families
- Regina Thomas-Daniels, JD , Legal Aid and Defender Association
Lunch will be available starting at 11:15am.
Open to All Students Faculty and Staff of the OUWB School of Medicine.
204 O'Dowd Hall
2200 S. Squirrel Rd
Rochester MI, 48309