What is the OU Annual Giving Program?
Annual gifts to Oakland University provide an essential source of expendable support that impacts many critical areas including scholarships, research, technology enhancements and curriculum development. Gifts to Annual Giving Programs demonstrate confidence in the university’s direction, affinity with classmates, as well as a desire to help the next generation of students through a tradition of generosity that links us all.
Why make an Annual Gift?
There are many reasons to contribute to an Oakland Annual Giving Program, here are a few:
- You value changing the lives of OU students by making the maximum amount of scholarship support available to them.
- You are grateful for the education that you received at Oakland and want to give something back.
- You understand that tuition only covers two-thirds of the costs associated with providing a personal, high-quality OU education, and want to maintain the level of excellence associated with an OU degree.
- You recognize that your gift leverages assistance from corporations and foundations, which often factor in the support of alumni and friends into their own funding decisions.
- You wish to celebrate a family member or friend who believes in OU’s mission and vision, by contributing in his or her honor.
Every gift, small or large, makes a difference!