Alpha Iota Sigma
International Interdisciplinary Studies Honor Society
For exemplary students of interdisciplinary studies
Purpose: The mission of Alpha Iota Sigma is to recognize the academic scholarship and achievements of interdisciplinary students at the undergraduate level. As a national honor society, Alpha Iota Sigma
- promotes the benefits of interdisciplinary work;
- provides a forum to encourage interdisciplinary collaboration among students, faculty, and local community members;
- investigates and encourages methods of interdisciplinary learning;
- enhances understanding and application of interdisciplinary knowledge among the general public;
- creates a sense of community among interdisciplinary students and graduates of interdisciplinary programs.
Student members of Alpha Iota Sigma advance this mission by
- motivating their peers to excel in interdisciplinary scholarship;
- fostering connections between their academic coursework and the larger community through civic engagement projects;
- encouraging honors graduates to be leaders in addressing the complex problems of contemporary society with the highest intellectual, ethical, and moral standards.