Workshops with CETL are planned for the Winter 2014 semester, tentatively in February and April. More details to follow.
Click the links below for more information about previous events hosted by WISE@OU.
Videos are included on the webpages for the tenure workshops and AHR session.
Balancing Teaching and Research in STEM (WISE and CETL Workshop) - November 25, 2013
- This event discussed balancing teaching and research in STEM. Experienced faculty members shared their tips and WISE@OU shared university resources that can assist faculty members. Attendees included both tenured and untenured faculty.
"Retaining Women in STEM Fields" Webinar - November 4, 2013
- WISE@OU hosted a viewing of the "Retaining Women in STEM Fields" webinar, sponsored by Inside Higher Ed and the Association of American Colleges and Universities. The webinar's speaker is Joan C. Williams, Distinguished Professor of Law and the founding director of the Center for WorkLife Law at the University of California Hastings College of the Law. The webinar explores why women faculty leave science programs and what departments, colleges and universities can do about it. A recording of the webinar and presentations slides can be found on the Inside Higher Ed website at:
Mentoring in the STEM Fields (WISE and CETL Workshop) — October 9, 2013
- This event was a discussion about mentoring opportunities for STEM faculty, primarily focusing on the do's and don'ts of being a mentor and strategies for connecting with other faculty. Attendees included both faculty who were interested in being a mentor and those seeking a mentor.
Sigma Xi: "Facilitating Interdisciplinary Research at OU: Identifying Strength and Forging Connections" — September 23, 2013
- Drs. Kathleen Moore (Chemistry), Laila Guessous (Mechanical Engineering), and Brad Roth (Physics) facilitated an informal discussion on interdisciplinary research. This event was co-hosted by Sigma Xi and WISE@OU. For more information, visit the Sigma Xi website.
Workshop for STEM Faculty for URC Faculty Research Fellowship Awards — September 13, 2013
- WISE@OU hosted Dorothy Nelson, Vice Provost for Research, and several former University Research Committee (URC) chairs for a discussion on how to approach grant writing for a general audience, as well as diverse outside agencies. The discussion addressed some of the unique challenges facing STEM faculty when writing proposals.
2013 ADVANCE Program Workshop — March 3-5, 2013
Empowering Women in the Global Community: 2012 Oakland Symposium — March 21, 2012