For Immediate Release
Monday, Nov. 4, 2013
OU event highlights opportunities in education, human services
Rochester, Mich. – High school students, transfers and prospective graduate students are invited to Oakland University's Education and Human Services Day from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Saturday, Nov. 16. Check-in will start at 8:30 a.m. in the Oakland Center.
Hosted by the School of Education and Human Services, the event will offer attendees the opportunity to interact with faculty and staff, tour OU's campus, and learn about different undergraduate and graduate programs. In addition, participants can explore future career and research opportunities and learn about admission, scholarships and teacher certification requirements. Current students will be on hand to share their experiences.
The following undergraduate and graduate programs will be highlighted during the event.
- Elementary Education
- Secondary Education (Biology, Chemistry, English, History, Japanese, Mathematics, Physics)
- K-12 Education (Studio Art, French, German, Japanese, Music, Spanish)
- Human Resource Development
A complimentary lunch will be provided. Register for the event at oakland.edu/visit. For additional information, call (800) OAK-UNIV.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Counseling, Early Childhood Education, Educational Leadership, Reading Education)
- Educational Specialist (Early Education and Intervention, Leadership)
- Master of Arts (Counseling, Teaching in Elementary Education, Teaching in Reading and Language Arts, Teaching in Secondary Education)
- Master of Education (Early Childhood Education, Educational Leadership, Educational Studies, Higher Education Leadership, Education, Special Education, Teacher Leadership)
- Master of Training and Development
- Graduate Certificate (Advanced Microcomputer Applications, Autism Spectrum Disorder, International Education (IB Teacher Award Level 1), Digital Literacies and Learning)
- Post-Master's Graduate Certificate (Advanced Reading Language Arts and Literature, Central Office Administration, Higher Education, Reading Language Arts and Literature)
# # #
University is a doctoral, research-intensive university located in
Oakland County, Michigan. The university has 139 bachelor's degree
programs and 127 graduate degree and certificate programs. dedicated to
delivering a distinctive undergraduate experience that is complemented
by the strength of its graduate offerings and research accomplishments,
Oakland University is organized into the College of Arts and Sciences,
the Oakland University William Beaumont School of Medicine and the
Schools of Business Administration, Education and Human Services,
Engineering and Computer Science, Health Sciences, Nursing, and The
Honors College. Visit Oakland University on the web at oakland.edu.