LUNCH & LAUNCH: EXPORT SERIES
Joe Gustavus, Senior Principal, Miller Canfield
Joe Gustavus counsels and assists clients with their international commercial transactions with the establishment of a market presence in foreign markets abroad through business acquisition, subsidiary formation, joint venture, technology licensure, distribution or sales agent relationships. Regions include Canada, Mexico, South America, Europe and Southeast Asia.
January 9, 12 - 1 p.m.
Market Entrance: Establishment of Local Sales Agency Relationships
January 16, 12 - 1 p.m.
- Legal distinctions that identify an international sales agency relationship and distinguish it from other forms of international transactions
- The advantages and disadvantages of the relationship itself and legal (contract) terms connected to this relationship
Market Entrance: Establishment of Local Distributor Relationships
January 23, 12 - 1 p.m.
- Legal distinctions that identify a local distributor relationship and distinguish it from other forms of international transactions
- Advantages and disadvantages of the relationship itself and legal (contract) terms connected to this relationship.
Market Entrance: Establishment of a Subsidiary
January 30, 12 - 1 p.m.
- Establishing a foreign subsidiary including legal organization (formation), capitalization and staffing of directors, officers and employee personnel.
- International transactions between the U.S. parent and foreign subsidiary.
Market Entrance: Establishment of Joint Venture
- The different forms of foreign joint venture including the advantages and disadvantages of having a local partner and the legal (contract) terms common to this relationship.
Registration: Contact Joan Carleton at macINC@oakland.edu or (586) 884-9324.
ANNUAL COLLABORATION FOR ENTREPRENEURSHIP (ACE)
January 30, 2 - 8 p.m.
Burton Manor, Livonia
Great Lakes region entrepreneurs gather to network, learn and connect at ACE. Join an exciting, forward-thinking community of innovators, entrepreneurs and business leaders who have the vision and drive to build new ventures for a new future. Programming for 2014 includes breakout sessions, a consultant's corridor, the ACE elevator pitch competition, keynote by longtime entrepreneur Peter Bloom, the GLEQ business plan competition awards and of course, plenty of networking. Looking for an opportunity to showcase your company with hundreds of entrepreneurs, investors and dignitaries? Join as an exhibitor!
Registration: Visit ace-event.org for more information and to register.