Facilities Management has implemented a new University Key Tracking Program. The procedures to request new keys, key transfers, and other key-related transactions are the same. The "Key Request" card, however, has been updated and is no longer green but yellow. Some required information has also been added.
Please contact Nancy Foltz at x2280 or email@example.com to request the new yellow Key Request cards.
Health Engagement SummaryFidelity and TIAA-CREF On Campus
Each year, the Health Engagement HMOs accumulate data on each member's health risk factors, such as weight, blood pressure, and smoking status. The results of these measurements determine whether the member will qualify for Standard or Enhanced benefit levels. While we don't receive any individual's specific information, the carriers do provide an overall scorecard.
Click on the chart to see how well Oakland University's HMO members are doing! (Clicking the chart will open a bigger version)
Representatives from TIAA-CREF will be available for one-on-one sessions on the following days:
To schedule an appointment call the Service & Scheduling Group at (800) 732-8353,
- Tuesday, Aug 6, 12 Oakland Center
- Wednesday, Aug 10, 125 Oakland Center
- Tuesday, September 18, 128 Oakland Center
- Wednesday, September 19, 128 Oakland Center
or you can schedule your own appointment on the Web at TIAA-CREF.
The Fidelity representative will be on campus the following dates:
Call (800) 642-7131 to schedule an appointment with Bethany Pagnani or go to Reservations.
- Monday, Aug 13, 125 Oakland Center
- Monday, Aug 27, 125 Oakland Center
- Monday, September 10, 125 Oakland Center
- Tuesday, September 11, 125 Oakland Center
Auto and Home Insurance with Liberty Mutual
As an Oakland University employee, you could save money on car and home insurance with Liberty Mutual. Your local Liberty Mutual representative, Michael Meyer, will be onsite providing coverage evaluations on the following dates:
To make an appointment, please call (800) 230-9302, ext. 56727, to schedule an appointment with Michael Meyer.
- Wednesday, Aug 15, Room 125 Oakland Center
A Great Reason To Love Mondays!!! REMEMBER!
Starting in August, every Monday, you will have access to incredible deals on vacations including $69 cruises
and dream vacations up to 75% off the best online prices through the DreamTrips Vacation Membership...a voluntary benefit available to Oakland University Faculty and Staff. The DreamTrips membership offers stress-free vacation planning for hundreds of amazing vacations all over the world at wholesale-like prices. CLICK HERE
to print out the flyer about the Monday Vacation Specials and enrollment details.
For more information about the DreamTrips Vacation Membership, contact:
Lecia Brunetti 248-971-0442 firstname.lastname@example.org
DreamTrips vacation membership will be highlighting one of their fabulous vacation deals each month. Click here to see August's deal!
|Staff Member News|
|Please welcome all of the new employees that have joined us in July, 2012!|
Lorin Bartony - Academic Adviser - Advising Resource Center
Casey Berkshire - Assistant Director of Advising Outreach - Student Services
Kimberly Byrd - Coordinator of Field & Student Support - Sociology & Anthropology
Janice Eaton - Office Assistant II - School of Health Sciences
Frederick Haydon - Help Desk Technician - School of Medicine
Yoel Joa - Assistant Director for Orientation and New Student Programs
Tamara Mires - Coordinator of Athletics, Marketing, Promotions and Ticketing - Athletics
Diane Miszewski - Custodian I/Facilities - Campus Cleaning
Eduard Rager - Groundskeeper IV - Grounds Maintenance
Donna Raymond - Office Assistant II - School of Education & Human Services
Tomico Reynolds - Special Project Assistant - School of Nursing
Jennifer Root - Academic Adviser - Advising Resource Center
Phillip Snyder - Assistant Vice President - Development, Alumni and Community Engagement
Mary Stolnicki - Custodian I/Facilities - Campus Cleaning
Anne Stratton - Academic Adviser - Advising Resource Center
Kathleen Zeile - Office Assistant I - Student Affairs
CONGRATS TO JULY 2012 EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH MARK JOHNSON!
Mark has worked in Campus Cleaning as a Custodian III for 26 years.
Read about Mark's contribution to the University on his Employee of the Month page
Nominate a shining star for Employee of the Month!
Click on the Nominate
link to complete the online form.
Professional Development and Career Development
Did you know that Oakland University staff employees taking certification programs through Professional and Continuing Education (PACE) are eligible for tuition coverage through University Human Resources? OU recognizes that adding designations through certifications or certificates of achievement is a critical aspect of staying current in today's workforce. Employees that pass certification courses are eligible for 100% reimbursement and employee dependents are eligible for 50% reimbursement. Certification programs beginning this Fall include Project Management, Energy Management, Career Development Facilitator, and Animal Assisted Therapy. Visit PACE's website
and click "Certificates" for the full list. Read More...
|Training Courses Offered for August, 2012
If you have any questions, please contact the training department at x4579. You can click here to enroll in these and many other courses.
|CareWorks CMS - Web Content Mgmt System
8/7/2012 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM
8/8/2012 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
CareWorks CMS - News and Events
8/14/2012 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM
Purchasing for New Employees
8/15/2012 2:00 AM - 3:30 AM
|Introduction to SkillSoft|
8/15/2012 10:00 AM - 11:00 AM
Careworks CMS - Form Builder/Media Gallery
8/21/2012 10:30 AM - 12:00 PM
CareWorks CMS - WORKSHOP
8/22/2012 2:00 PM - 4:00 PM
Professional Development Series Wrap Up
Thank you to all employees that participated in our recent series of presentations. The feedback was overwhelmingly popular. The Social Media in the Workplace presentation in July was attended by almost seventy Oakland University faculty and staff members, and 100% of survey respondents (40) found the program to be useful and worthwhile. We hope to continue to offer our staff valuable and timely professional development opportunities.
Attention Department Web Developers
There have been a few changes to your access in CareWorks. Your University Communications and Marketing Account Manager will now be in charge of creating homepage banners and friendly URLs for your websites. If you are not sure who your UCM Account Manager is, you can check out their Account Manager Directory.
Viewing the Campus Calendar
This just in! You can view campus-wide events on your Google calendar. Just connect your calendar to the OU Calendar feed by following THESE INSTRUCTIONS (PDF).
Changes to the SAIL Interface
You may have noticed a new, more interesting look to the SAIL system. Take a look around, the organization and visual appeal are much nicer, and things will continue to improve. That's the great thing about technology... it is constantly growing and adapting, usually for the better! Right now the changes are all visual, but hopefully the functionality will continue to grow as Oakland University continues to grow!
|Effective Interfunctional Relationships|
Whom did you talk with at work this week? To accomplish your goals in today's workplace, you not only have to interact with personnel in other departments, you often have to coordinate or even rely on them. Tasks are fluid and flow across functional boundaries. By nature, most companies are structured territorially. Every department head and manager has his or her own troops on call and a personal domain to defend. Protecting your turf may be instinctual, but it's also counterproductive. By not cooperating openly with other sections or departments, you not only interfere with their ability to accomplish their tasks, you undermine your own efforts as well. In this course you'll discover how you may be inadvertently sabotaging yourself when you let your territorial instincts guide your interactions. Once you understand how interfunctional relationships benefit you and your work goals, you'll be ready to learn some communication skills that will help you develop stronger, more productive work alliances across functional boundaries.
Business Skills Curricula > Communication Curriculum > Building Improved Working Relationships
Please click here to request an account on SkillSoft, if you do not already have one.
**Having trouble accessing SkillSoft or not sure what to take? Contact Dana (email@example.com) or Vicki (firstname.lastname@example.org) for help.**
|Building a Better U|
Campus Recreation Promises An Exciting Fall of Health and Fitness For Employees!
Numerous programs and services will be available for faculty and staff for the fall semester at the Recreation Center.
- BLAST: Building Lean Athletic Strong Toned Bodies will be back for another great 6-week session. BLAST is a group exercise class geared towards the intermediate exerciser. All BLAST participants get a pre- and post- fitness assessment and 18 group exercise classes. The first fall session runs September 17-October 26 on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday from 6:00 a.m.-7:00 a.m. Friday sessions are optional for those not able to participate all three days. Cost is $60/members. Register by September 14 on webtrac or at the Recreation Center.
- Biggest Loser Challenge: Back by popular demand! Last spring 13 individuals in the challenge lost more than 300 pounds. Biggest Loser participants are placed on teams and assigned a trainer who works with the team and individuals to reach weight loss goals. The challenge will run September 24-November 30. Cost is $100/members if committed by September 7 or $150 if committed between September 8-14. The Biggest Loser Challenge has an application and interview process (application is available online at www.oakland.edu/campusrec. Two information sessions are available: August 15 and September 5, at 12:10 p.m. at the Recreation Center for those wanting more details on the program. Contact Rachelle at email@example.com for information prior to August 15.
- Getting Started Right: Want to use the Rec Center but not sure how to get started? Try this FREE four-week series on Tuesdays, September 18-October 9 from 12:10-12:50 p.m. Each session will focus on a different topic including strength training 101 and 102, nutrition, and exercise safety/motivation. Weeks one and two will be hands-on in the Fitness Center, weeks three and four will be lunch-n-learn style. Register by September 21 on webtrac or at the Recreation Center.
- Fitness Center Orientations: Orientations to the equipment (cardio and strength) in the Fitness Center are on-going and can be scheduled on an as-needed basis. To schedule a FREE 50-minute orientation, contact the Fitness GA at 370-4594.
Other Great On-Going or Coming Soon Fitness and Wellness Offerings…
- Walking Program
- Personal Training
- Body Composition Assessment Days
- Fitness Assessments
- Group Exercise Classes
- and more!
Visit us online for details on programs and services at www.oakland.edu/campusrec. Also check out webtrac for enrollment information.
Updated Info on the Brooksie Way!!
In support of personal health and wellness within the university community, and as a result of the partnership between the university and Brooksie Way planners, Oakland University employees, students and alumni are eligible for discounts for individual and team participation in the Brooksie Way run and walk events. Please check here
for specifics on registration, including pricing and deadlines.NEW!!Free Brooksie Way Training Program
For those who want to participate in the 5K but are not sure about running or walking 3.1 miles, Campus Recreation is providing a free training program to help get in shape. Walking, run/walking, or just running groups are being formed for lunch time (12:10 p.m.) and/or after work (5:15 p.m.). Each session will have a designated leader and groups will run or walk (depending on what you sign up for) for up to 45 minutes. Groups will meet at the Rec Center and activity will be outside unless it's raining or too hot.
Individuals who participate in the run/walk or just run groups will be provided a running schedule to use outside the group meeting times. Walkers will have a special walking plan just for them!
If you would like to join a training program, register NOW
. Training groups will begin on August 6th. Space for the program is limited to 30 participants, so hurry up to take advantage of this great opportunity!
Have you seen the new Wellness website?
Check out www.oakland.edu/betteryOU.
New wellness programs are coming soon!
|Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your feedback on how we can improve your UHR newsletter!|
Stay tuned for more tips on keeping your data secure! Contact UTS for more information!
- Know the university definition of Confidential Data in Policy #860.
- Know what Confidential Data you have access to, and what you need for your job.
- Eliminate access to or storage of Confidential Data that you don't need, particularly old or out-of-date data.