The Macomb-OU INCubator Executive-in-Residence program invites clients of the incubator to collaborate with business specialists, in an effort to bring the utmost in success to the small businesses of the metro Detroit area.
|Lions and Tigers and Taxes|
. . .Oh My!
Presented by Lori Bianco, CPA and CGMA, of BiancoCPA
Ever feel like navigating the multitude of tax regulations is like a walk through the Haunted Forest?
Wednesday, February 26
Doors Open: 8:00 a.m.; Workshop: 8:30 - 10 a.m.
Macomb-OU INCubator at Velocity Collaboration Center
6633 Eighteen Mile Road, Sterling Heights, MI 48314
To register for this event, please visit the BiancoCPA EventBrite or contact BiancoCPA at (586) 979-7800 x211.
Well, there are no flying monkeys here. Just an interactive workshop hosted by Lori K. Bianco, CPA, CGMA, who will provide her professional and entertaining guidance on these timely tax-season topics for business owners:
- Understanding your Federal tax income tax obligations
- Understanding your Federal employment tax obligations
- Understanding your Michigan business tax obligations
- Understanding your Michigan sales/use tax obligations
- Understanding your municipal property tax obligations
- Selecting the most tax efficient entity for you (Sole-Proprietorship, LLC, S-Corporation, C-Corporation)
- Maintaining appropriate records in case of an audit
- Answering specific questions from participants
Lori is a Certified Public Accountant and a Chartered Global Management Accountant, as well as being an entrepreneur herself. She is a graduate of Walsh College of Accountancy and Business Administration and has held positions in public accounting and in private industry in the manufacturing sector before founding her own practice in 1997. She is currently "Director of Perfect Service" at Bianco and Company PLC ("BiancoCPA") with offices in Sterling Heights and Novi. She shares her expertise via, among others, her Executive-in-Residence position at the Macomb-OU INCubator, her workshops sponsored by the Macomb County SBTDC at Velocity and the AICPA's participation in the Veteran's Fast Launch Program virtually.
For more information on the Executives-in-Residence program, please contact Joan Carleton at macINC@oakland.edu or (586) 884-9324.