Graham Health Center is now an HAP Urgent Care provider
Oakland University is pleased to announce that students, faculty and staff who carry HAP health insurance plans can now use those plans to cover urgent care services at Graham Health Center. Both HAP and Priority Health now provide this benefit on campus. Read More
|Benefit and Wellness Fair in the Rec Center October 23
Our annual Benefit and Wellness Fair will be held on Wednesday, October 23 in the Recreation Center. Representatives from all of our benefit providers will be present, so be sure to stop by the fair to visit them. It is a great place to learn more about your benefits and get questions answered. The fair will run from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm.
2014 On-Line Benefit Open Enrollment
This is the time each year when you have the opportunity to make changes to your benefits. This year we will be using Sail to enroll in our 2014 benefits on-line. Paper forms will no longer be used. Information about the on-line enrollment process will be included in your benefit enrollment packet that will be sent later this month. Opportunities for assistance during the enrollment period will be provided at various locations on campus. Information about times and places will be in your enrollment packet. Please take the time to review this important information before open enrollment begins.
Increasing your FIQ (Financial Intelligence Quotient)
- Tips from our investment vendors
Getting married for a second time? Your financial plan could become much more complicated. Check out some Strategies for Second Marriage Planning
Fidelity and TIAA-CREF On Campus
|Representatives from TIAA-CREF will be available for one-on-one sessions on the following days:
Tuesday, October 22, 129 Oakland Center
Monday, October 28, Lake St Clair, Oakland Ctr
Friday, November 15, Lake St Clair, Oakland Ctr
Monday, November 18, 129 Oakland Center
Tuesday, November 19, 129 Oakland Center
Call (800) 732-8353 to schedule an appointment or go to the TIAA-CREF website.
|The Fidelity representative will be on campus the following dates:|
Monday, October 07, 126 Oakland Center
Monday, October 21, 126 Oakland Center
Thursday, October 24, Lk Superior A, Oak Ctr
Monday, November 04, 126 Oakland Center
Monday, November 18, 126 Oakland Center
Call (800) 642-7131 to schedule an appointment with Bethany Pagnani or go to Reservations.
|Auto and Home Insurance with Liberty Mutual |
As an Oakland University employee, you could save money on car and home insurance with Liberty Mutual. Your local Liberty Mutual representative, Michael Meyer, will be onsite providing coverage evaluations on the following dates:
Tuesday, October 15, Lake Superior B, Oakland Center
Tuesday, November 12, Gold Room B, Oakland Center
To make an appointment, please call (800) 230-9302, ext. 56727.
Employee Discount Program
Many of Oakland University's business partners offer OU employees a discount on their products and services. Please see our Employee Discount page
for more information!
|Staff Member News|
Performance Management Mid-Cycle Goals
During the months of October and November, employees and supervisors should meet to discuss progress they've made toward reaching the goals they set when the performance cycle began on April 1, 2013. Employees should record comments regarding mid-cycle goals in the Total Employee and Management Source (TEAMS) System. For more information and detailed instructions, please read the full article
Please welcome all of the new employees that have joined us in September, 2013!
Laurie Alward-Diener - Office Assistant III - Financial Aid Department
Joseph Perry - Systems Specialist I - Student Life
Dana Sheedy - Coordinator of Athletics, Marketing, Promotions, and Ticketing - Athletics
Rose Wedemeyer - Director of Education Training - School of Medicine
Brandon Weems - 3rd Assistant Men's Basketball Coach - Athletics Administration
Cynthia Weil - Coordinator, International Education - Office of International Education
CONGRATS TO SEPTEMBER 2013 EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH WENDY ALLEN!
Wendy is an Office Assistant III in the Office of the Registrar, and has been with Oakland University for 16 years.
Read about Wendy's contribution to the University on her Employee of the Month page
Nominate a shining star for Employee of the Month!
Click on the Nominate link to complete the online form.
|UHR Training Courses Offered for October, 2013
If you have any questions, please contact the training department at x4579. You can click here to enroll in these and many other courses. Course schedule is subject to change, please check the training website for updates.
10/9/2013 2:00-4:00 PM
Performance Management Process - 2013-2014
10/21/2013 2:00 PM - 3:00 PM
|Banner New User Training|
Ongoing - by appointment
Banner Training for New Users
One-on-one training is available to help orient new users to the Banner interface. Please fill out the Banner Training Request form
with as much detail as possible, and one of our trainers will contact you soon to set up a training session.
|Attention Adobe® users! Skillsoft has updated their catalog to include a variety of great Adobe application training. Included are: |
|FrameMaker 9.0: Level 1 |
Find these courses in the SkillSoft Catalog under Desktop Curricula> Adobe.
If you are unsure which courses to take, contact the UHR Training Dept at x4579, or email email@example.com.
Please click here to request an account on SkillSoft, if you do not already have one.
**Having trouble accessing SkillSoft or not sure what to take? Contact Dana (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Vicki (email@example.com) for help.**
|Building a Better yOU|
|What is Be Well Points+?
Be Well Points+ is an incentive program for any Oakland University employee who is interested in earning prizes for their participation in wellness programs. BWP+ members earn points through various programs such as attending Lunch and Learns, joining OU Moves, or doing your own personal work outs! Are you interested in becoming a member? Visit the Employee Wellness website to submit your Registration and Interest form today. Incentives and prizes you are able to earn are shown on the Employee Wellness website
under the 'Be Well Points+' tab.
Congratulations to our 37 members that have already begun to earn points! Keep up the great work!
October Wellness Programs
Below is a list of programs that will be available for you to participate at no cost to you this October!
- Cooking Demo Date Night will take place on Thursday, October 10th from 6:30 to 8:00 p.m. at Whole Foods in Rochester. Here, you are able to bring one non-OU related significant other/friend/relative! You will learn how to cook a delicious and healthy meal with RD, Debbie Cavender. Space is limited to the first 15 OU employees that sign up to bring a guest. BWP+ Members earn 20 points for participating!
- Rx 101: Ask the Experts Lunch and Learn will take place on Tuesday, October 1st from 12 - 1 p.m. in the Rec Center Wellness Classroom. You will have the opportunity to talk to a Wallgreen's pharmacist, learn about different side effects, following prescription instructions, and more! BWP+ Members earn 5 points for participating!
- Nutrition Consultations are still available on October 15th and October 29th. BWP+ Members earn 10 points for participating!
- Stress Management and Nutrition Lunch and Learn will take place on Tuesday, October 15th from 12 - 1 p.m. in the Rec Center Wellness Classroom. Humans experience a "fight or flight" stress response to many of their daily responsibilities. When these responsibilities become over-whelming and other stress-filled events pile on to the already distressed individual, a syndrome called adrenal fatigue develops. Find out if this energy-zapping condition is dragging you down, and how to treat it naturally. BWP+ Members earn 5 points for participating!
- Back Talk Lunch and Learn will take place on Tuesday, October 29th from 12 - 1 p.m. in the Rec Center Wellness Classroom. People hurt their back twisting and turning, but these movements are a normal part of everyday life. The solution to back problems is not to avoid movements, but rather to retrain proper movement patterns and get the forces to go where they were designed to go. Come take part in the HAP sponsored Back Talk seminar designed to help you identify the most common causes to lower back pain with real world solutions to your pain problems.
Wellness programs are open to all Oakland University Employees. Please visit the Employee Wellness page
to reserve your spot today!
Employee Wellness Facebook Page!
Our new Employee Wellness Facebook page
is certainly growing! Be sure to 'LIKE' our page OU Employee Wellness to receive up to date information on wellness programs, read articles, get a little exercise motivation, and much more!
|Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with your feedback on how we can improve your UHR newsletter!|
NEWS FROM UTS
Google Talk Activated for OU
Google has activated the chat feature, Google Talk, on our Google email account. Feel free to use it to communicate with your colleagues, but remember that the information security policies are in effect for chat just like with email. If you need secure instant messaging, check out OUIM.
Pets @ OU
Oreo is a 1 1/2 year old black lab whose best pal is Sergeant Don Blalock of the OUPD. Oreo has been a very obedient girl from the time she was a little puppy, but watch out or she will steal your breakfast!
A message from Liberty Mutual Insurance:
Although a dog's most preferred trip usually consists of a walk around the block, sometimes a ride in the car may be necessary. Some dogs love traveling by car, but as many others can be anxious or fearful. Since you may never know how a dog will respond to auto travel, check out our tips, provided with input from the ASPCA, for making your dog's car trip less stressful.
Submit your pet photo and story to email@example.com