Monday, May 10, 2010
"New Opportunities, New Results" is topic of OU marketing forum
With a focus on how businesses can succeed and grow, Oakland University's Fourth Annual Marketing Forum will be held from 8:15 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Friday, May 21, in the Banquet Rooms of the university's Oakland Center.
The forum is sponsored by the School of Business Administration's Center for Integrated Business Research and Education (CIBRE), and business professionals, students, faculty and others are invited to attend.
Members of Oakland's marketing faculty and Marketing Advisory Board have brought together a group of distinguished speakers from an array of industries to share successful methods of coping with today's economic turbulence.
By sharing how they have identified emerging opportunities, presenters will offer insights into what attendees can do within their own organizations to move more positively into the future.
- Gerard Grinsven, president and CEO, Henry Ford Hospital, West Bloomfield
- Linda Theisen, vice president of global purchasing, North American sales and quality, Metaldyne Corporation
- Robert Thomas, director of operations for the Michigan Chamber of Commerce
- L. Brooks Patterson, Oakland County executive
- Representatives from the CIBRE Tool & Die Work Group
The cost to pre-register is $15 and standard registration is $25 at the door. OU faculty and students can attend the forum for free, but must register. A continental breakfast and luncheon are included.
To learn more and to register online, visit oakland.edu/marketingforum. Those interested also can fax completed registration forms to (248) 370-4963.