Menu Menu

Transferring Credit

Oakland University, a U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs-approved school, accepts various credits, including:  

*OU accepts a maximum of 60 credits for CLEP. At this time, OU does not accept credits from the DANTES External Degree Catalog.

Transferring Credits
OU accepts transfer coursework completed in the U.S. Armed Forces and U.S. Armed Forces Institute with the following conditions:

  • Course content must be comparable to those for which OU typically grants transfer credit.
  • The American Council on Education (ACE) must recommend credit grants for particular courses.
  • Credits must be acceptable to the appropriate academic department at OU.
  • Request Joint Services Transcripts (formerly AARTS and SMART transcripts) from

In addition, undergraduate students who have served or are serving in the U.S. Armed Forces are granted, upon application, four hours of undesignated free elective credits.

If you have questions about transferring credits, please contact your academic adviser or the Office of the Registrar.